Every employee in India who contributes to the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) is given a 12-digit identification number called a UAN, which stands for Universal Account Number. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) issues UANs, which are used to link an employee’s EPF accounts across all of their EPF accounts. The EPFO provides its members with the UAN login, an online tool to access and manage their EPF accounts.
An employee needs both an active UAN as well as a registered mobile phone in order to use the UAN login feature. Filling out an online form and sending it to the employer are both required steps in the UAN registration process. The employee obtains the UAN, which is connected to their EPF account if the employer accepts the registration.
The UAN login site offers the following features to the staff:
- Through the UAN login site, employees can examine their account information, including the balance, contributions made, and withdrawals, online.
- Employees can transfer their EPF accounts online between employers without having to physically move any papers by using the UAN login interface.
- Connect multiple EPF accounts: Employees can connect several EPF accounts to their UAN through the UAN login page. Employees may examine all of their information in one location and consolidate their EPF accounts thanks to this functionality.
- Employees can start an online withdrawal of their EPF funds through the UAN login portal. The employee must supply their bank information and a few other details as part of the straightforward withdrawal process.
- Employees can update their Know Your Customer (KYC) information, including their Aadhaar number, PAN number, as well as bank account information, through the UAN login page.
- Employees can obtain their EPF passbooks, which contain all the information about their EPF accounts, including contributions made, interest earned, & withdrawals made, through the UAN login portal.
How to generate UAN?
Employees have to first activate their UANs by going to the EPFO website and selecting the ‘Activate UAN’ button before using the UAN login portal. To finish the activation procedure, the employee must then enter their UAN, mobile number, & member ID.
The employee can use their UAN and password to sign in to the UAN login page once the UAN has been authorized. The employee can reset their password by clicking the “Forgot Password” link and then following the on-screen directions.
- The employee needs to go to https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php, which is the EPFO’s official website.
- To access online services, go to the ‘Online Services’ tab in the top menu bar of the EPFO homepage.
- The employee must choose the ‘Member UAN/Online Services’ option from the dropdown menu under the ‘Online Services’ header.
- The employee must click the ‘Activate UAN’ option on the Member UAN/Online Services page in order to create a new UAN.
- Provide Personal Information: The employee must provide their name, date of birth, mobile number, and email address on the ‘Activate UAN’ page.
- Employee must provide their EPF information, including their member ID, establishment code, and extension code. The employer is the best source for these specifics.
- After providing all the necessary information, the employee must enter the captcha code that appears on the screen and click “Get Authorization Pin” to continue.
- An OTP will be sent to the employee’s registered mobile number. They must type the OTP into the appropriate field and then click “Submit.”
- After the OTP has been validated, the employee can create a brand-new UAN. The employee’s registered email address and cellphone number will receive the UAN.
In conclusion, the EPFO offers its members the UAN login as a helpful online tool for managing their EPF funds. Employees may conveniently manage their EPF accounts from the convenience of their homes via the UAN login interface without the need for paper documents. If there is anything more you need to know, head to 5paisa to solve any doubt regarding UAN!